Let’s say it is time for cleaning and your carpets need to be cleaned deeply. You need to work with a professional cleaner of you should send your carpets to cleaning companies. Your carpet may need a shampoo or steam for deep cleaning depending on its condition. Professionals use those without asking because it is their job.
Apart from that, there is a difference between steam cleaning and shampooing. When you send your carpet to companies, they offer you the best options on which method is best for your carpet.
Lately, the steam cleaning carpet has gained popularity. People mostly prefer steam cleaning alternatives, even though they truly don’t understand how it works, why it is good for your carpet, and why it is wonderfully advantageous. Depending on the cleanliness level of your carpet or what type of flooring you are cleaning, steam cleaning would be the best choice for you.
It is a water-based method. In this case, it is not the steam itself cleans the carpet. Detergents that are activated with steam do. Some machines may also use hot water instead of steam. But you shouldn’t use water frequently with your machine.
Steam cleaning is a method that uses evaporated water to clean your floors. Steam is a substance that is dispersed or suspended in the air, especially liquid or solid, in its normal state. First, the water is heated to a certain degree. It is then applied with a machine that looks like normal vacuum cleaners. When steam meets fiber, it helps to break up dirt and provide fantastic cleaning. It is then used to collect dry steam, dirt, and other unpleasant things.
As an advantage when you use steam cleaning, you don’t harm your carpet itself at all. It keeps the carpet in good shape. There is no danger of yellowing fibers after using the steam cleaning method. On the other hand, as a disadvantage, it is not effective as vacuum cleaning at removing heavily soil or staining.
In their design, the purpose is laying down water when you are pushing the machine forward then extract the machine while you pull it back. When you pull the cleaner, it should be very slow. So, you can remove as much water as possible. If you leave too much water behind, it causes mold, mildew, and unwanted odors. For this reason, it is best to do steam cleaning when the weather is hot enough, you can open the windows in order to speed up the drying process. If the weather is not good and you can’t open the windows, then you need to use fans to help your carpets and furniture dry before mildew can set in.
Let’s say you are aware of the advantages of using carpet steam cleaner and you have decided to buy one. It is always best to determine what you will use the cleaner for; on what surfaces and where. Keep in mind that there are different types available on the market and they are beneficial for different areas. So, it is always best to decide on what works well for your own personal needs.
When you end up with the decision to buy, there is a great range of quality steam cleaner in the market to choose from. You can find a reliable, safe and environmentally friendly cleaner.
How to Use Steam Cleaners
It is the most recommended method if you would like to make sure that your carpet is perfectly and deeply clean. This method is also known as a hot water extraction method. As the name implied, in this method, hot water is used in order to steam the carpet. The steam makes it possible for the grime, soil, and dirt to become removed from the fibers.
Many people have some doubts about using the carpet steaming method. They worry about how to do it. But it is not a hard task to do by yourself. All you need to know is the temperature you need to make suitable to do it properly. After properly cleaning your area and preparing it for steam cleaning, you will see how fast the cleaning actually is.
The results you get with steam cleaning are very impressive. No professionality is required and it is not compulsory, other than the machine itself. You also don’t have to worry about dry chemical carpet cleaning. However, since water is used during cleaning, it takes a long time for your carpets to dry. Believe me, this waiting time is worth the worries that are saved.
They are designed to wash your carpet and extract grime. They are also known as carpet shampooers. but carpet vacuums. However, if you want to get dirty easily from your carpet, you may vacuum your clean before steam cleaning. It is not that your usual quick back-and-forth over the carpet.
Steps to Follow for Steam Cleaning
- Pick up everything on the floor. Move smaller furnishings to another room.
- Place aluminum foil squares under the legs of furniture that you are leaving in the room because the foil protects the legs from moisture.
- Leave the squares in place until the carpet is completely dry.
- Dust your baseboards. Use your crevice attachment around the base of the walls and any remaining furniture.
- Vacuum carpeting in two different directions, vertical and horizontal. Vacuuming from different directions ensures each side of the fibers gets cleaned.
- Steam clean your carpeting at least once a year.
- Late spring would be good timing. because the weather would be warm enough and not cold at all, so you can open windows to accelerate the drying process.
- Homes with pets may need steam cleaning every 4 months.
Advantages of Using Steam Carpet Cleaning
It is definitely the most recommended deep-cleaning method. It combines hot water with chemicals. It doesn’t clean only the surface, it provides deep cleaning. It removes deeply unwanted materials from your carpet.
- Providing highly effective cleaning: The high-temperature of the steam output provides high effectivity. It helps the cleaner to provide enough cleaning on the surface. When a steam mop comes in with very high-temperature steam, this helps to kill the small insects which cannot be seen by the naked eye.
- Superior stain and dirt removal: Using excessively heat steam weakens the bonds that hold dirt and staining. They become far easier for you to remove those unwanted particles. Hot water makes the cleaning more effective. The vapor works into the deep. It cleans deeper layers as well.
- Killing bacteria and mites: Depends on humidity, the temperature the care you give to your carpet, bacteria, mold, fungus, and dust mites can all thrive. Removing them completely can be very tough, especially if you are using classical cleaning methods such as vacuuming. The heat of the vapor that steam cleaning provides is enough to kill those unwanted invaders.
- Children and pet friendly: If you have children or pets in your house, you think twice when you use chemicals to clean your carpets. On the other hand, if you use a steam cleaner, it is not a thing that you should be worried about. Because, with a steam cleaner, you don’t need to use any chemical anymore, the steam itself is sanitizer for your flooring. It makes a steam cleaner a good option for those people wishing to keep children and pets safe.
- Zero pollutants left: Contrary to popular belief, more intensive cleaning such as steam cleaning doesn’t result in damage. Due to needless to use chemicals, unlike carpet shampoos, they don’t harm your flooring or directly air. In fact, it can sterilize any pollutants in your flooring and living environment.
- Extends carpet life/ longer life expectancy: As far as all of us know, you should clean your carpet before it becomes excessively solid. Because it shortens the carpet’s life. By the time, that soil gets deeper and your carpets become harder and more expensive to clean. To avoid that, you may consider using steam extraction for deeper cleaning in order to extend your carpet’s life.
- Restores the beauty of carpet: Steam cleaning is very effective in removing debris. Being so effective can improve the look of your carpets. The combination of hot water, steam, and special cleaning products will allow you to enjoy great looking carpets over the years. The appearance of your carpets and tugs will be the same over the years.
- Quick dry for hard surfaces: It provides faster drying time. Especially with hard surfaces, the steam is very quick-drying. This feature makes them a great option for places where need to be able to be used within a short time, such as walkways in commercial buildings.
- Effective on multiple surfaces: They are not only for carpets. You can find different attachments on the market that allow you to use your steam cleaner on different surfaces. For example, with the proper attachment, you can use a steam cleaner for cars, kitchens, windows, sliding doors, hardwood floorings, glass, mirrors, and furniture. In this regard, you could have the option to clean almost any area of the home with only one machine.
- Easy to maintain: Many steam cleaners utilize re-usable pads or filters that simply need to be washed before their next use. This gives your steam cleaner longer life, plus you can save a lot of money on not having to buy refills and replacement mop heads again and again.
Disadvantages of Using Steam Carpet Cleaning
- Longer time to dry: You need to wait for a while to use your carpet again. It takes time to dry completely. For high foot traffic areas, it could be inconvenient, such as workplaces or commercial areas. On the other hand, you don’t need to clean it very often after steam cleaning. It cleans very deeply and it is a great way to sanitize the carpet.
- More time needed for the next cleaning: When you use a traditional method, it requires you to clean it frequently. Depending on the floor you clean, a steam mop really cleans the carpet with a surface and everything to deeper levels. Also, the level of cleaning depends on the strength of your steam cleaner. If it works as it should, your flooring will stay clean longer. It causes you not to clean it too often. Many steam cleaners can work on small grooves where the mat is normally out of reach.
- Higher price: After all these good qualities, a steam cleaner usually costs little more than other clean other cleaning methods. You will need to pay a little more upfront for a steam cleaner. However, if you want to save money In the long run, a higher initial outlay price may just be worth it. Also, when you invert your money to a steam cleaner, the machine is the only thing you need to buy because you will use only water for this.
- Incredibly/ excessively hot: As the name implied, it is steam. It is very hot. The vapor used for steam cleaning gets to very high temperatures. Even in some cases, it can be a safety hazard. You have to be careful and be aware of when you use a steam cleaner. You need to understand how to best use cleaning products to avoid any kind of injury. Even though it is considered a disadvantage, being hot is an advantage to ensure effectiveness.
Recommended Products on Amazon
As we listed above that you can understand, steam cleaning is one of the most popular and the most recommended cleaning methods for flooring today. As a result of this growing, steam cleaning machines are becoming more widely available at even more accommodating prices. The reason for that growth is highly simple. If you want to bring your carpets back to life, you need to make them feel like new. You can do this with a steam cleaner. The great news about the machines is that getting your carpet cleaned like it was done professionally, no longer requires professionals!
You can find the best carpet steam cleaners according to your needs and your budgets.
BISSELLProHeat 2X Revolution Max Clean Pet Pro Full-Size Carpet Cleaner, 1986
This product is the best for small areas. It really is like the commercials. This machine is extremely easy to take apart and easy to clean. It is one of the best things about this machine! It is incredibly easy to use as well. Everything is able to be broke down and thoroughly rinsed out. There is a rubber plug on top to dump it out when it is full and there is a larger reservoir cap you can remove to rinse out as well as take out the float to remove any pet hairs or debris that may get tangled around it.
It is rated as a good buy for those who need a lightweight and easy-to-steer machine. It covers and cleans a lot of space. It can get around to the places you need to clean. Another bonus of this is its heating technology. It keeps the clean water at a temperature that makes steaming it effective. It has dual dirt lifter brushes and heatwave technology. A selection of accessories ensures you have the right tool for almost any job. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06VSJ9D1H?tag=sates52carpet-20
Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner Machine, Upright Shampooer, FH50150
This is one of the best products for area rugs. It is for both your hose and your budget. It is budget-conscious while being a well-functioning machine on all levels. Its weight when full still makes it easy to move to those places a shorter hose can’t reach. It is a kind of light-weighted machine. Heating air to aid drying is part of the suction process, so in addition to good water extraction, it speeds up evaporation of the remaining dampness. You will be able to put your furniture back faster. You don’t need to wait such a long time to dry your carpet out. You will like the separate detergent tank. It allows the machine to mix the correct amount of solution to the clean water for application. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082DZRZJN?tag=sates52carpet-20
Bissell Big Green Professional Carpet Cleaner Machine, 86T3
It could be the best product to think of as a professional level machine. It is a very useful machine for homes with large spaces and carpets that need to be cleaned often. It is big, it is heavy and it is high-end. It is better than what you can rent at your local big box store. It does a fantastic job. The only thing you need to do as an extra is vacuuming with a regular vacuum cleaner beforehand. The machine isn’t really designed to pick up objects just pull dirt and stains out.
By v-cleaning on both the forward and backward passes, it pleases its customers on cleaning effectiveness. It cleans deeply discolored carpet to seem as clean as the day they were installed. A wide head with strong suction ensures it works fast without shortchanging the cleaning process, and it is surprisingly maneuverable for its size. A 10-foot hose makes reaching the more difficult spots easier and keeps the heavy machine in one spot while you do it. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00450U6CS?tag=sates52carpet-20
Rug Doctor Might Pro X3 Family Pack Vacuum
It is a user-friendly machine, despite some of its drawbacks. This is the closest machines what the professionals use, and best for people with lots of areas to clean often. Water extraction is thorough, translating into no time for mold or mildew to develop. You can walk on your rugs in four hours or less, after clean with this machine. Beyond cleaning, you will feel your carpets clean, refreshed, renewed, rejuvenated, hygienic, spotless, and flawless for a happier and healthier home.
Big suction makes for deep stain removal and fast dry times but also big noise. The motor is substantial, along with the reservoirs, so consider this a very heavy model. It can be difficult to figure out how much cleaning solution to add since measuring is not simple. Features include dual brushes that make fast work of dirt and stain removal. You can leave the machine at one end of your room and probably touch the other. The tank size is almost three times bigger than the average. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N7TW2S7?tag=sates52carpet-20
Hoover PowerDash Pet Compact Carpet Cleaner, Lightweight, FH50700
It is best for apartments and condos. This is the ideal steam carpet cleaning machine for apartment-dwellers with pets and carpets. It is small but extremely powerful! The soap that comes with it is excellent! It is so much lighter. It is hard to believe what a great job it does! The carpet looks amazingly clean after using it. Maneuvering it around is easy, and the smaller, narrower head reaches under furniture and into tight corners without trouble. Storage isn’t a problem because of its compact size and lightweight.
Its clean water tank size is about three-quarters of a gallon. No measuring of cleaning solution because marks on the tank tell you how much to put in. A couple of negatives are the lack of a hose and attachments, so you won’t be using this for the furniture or crevasses on the staircase. The short reach of the power cord means you might be moving that around quite a bit too. Available settings cover basic needs, best for use when you don’t have big spaces to clean. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078YZ586K?tag=sates52carpet-20